At St Mary's, we aim to provide the best we can for every pupil. This page introduces our Inclusion Team, but every teacher at St Mary's is a teacher of SEND.
We start with Quality First teaching to ensure that all children are included and make the progress they should. There are a series of intervention waves (see download below) and we work very hard to ensure that each and every child achieves their very best in every way while they are at St Mary's.
The aims of the Inclusion Team at St Mary's are that:
- all pupils, regardless of their particular needs, are provided with inclusive teaching which will enable them to make the best possible progress in the school and feel that they are a valued member of the wider school community;
- we expect that all pupils with SEND will meet or exceed the high expectations set for them based on their age and starting points;
- we will use our best endeavours to give pupils with SEND the support they need;
- ambitious educational and wider outcomes will be set for them, together with you as parents and with your child;
- we want all pupils to become confident individuals who will be able to make a successful transition onto the next phase of their educational journey and into adulthood.
Meeting the Inclusion Team:
Appointments to meet with Mrs O'Hagan as Inclusion Manager, our SENDCo Mrs Irvine, Inclusion Advisor Mrs Norris, or Inclusion Learning Assistant Miss Parsons can be made through the school office or direct by phone or email. All the contact details are in our SEND information report.